Many companies have opened up to social media and have identified such platforms as strong tools to promote products and services. However the significant marketing opportunities that such social media platforms offer can also cause significant detrimental effects to one’s image.
The aim of this event was to illustrate on the different ways to avoid social networking perils, please see the following points that were highlighted during the presentations:
- Mistakes permanently stay online;
- Vital for companies to implement fast acting implementation procedures to limit damage to one’s image whilst respecting certain important parameters;
- Blunders can start from a basic email and spread through social media to an actual newspaper article publication;
- Social media blunders can be even worse for small companies than for big ones.
Topic of the discussion: ‘Social networking perils and how to avoid them?’
Speakers: – David Earnshaw, CEO, Burson-Marsteller.
– Brendan Hodgson, Strategy Director, Hill & Knowlton.
– Steve Muylle, Professor and Partner, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
Wednesday, 1 February 2012