Mr Peter Dröll, Head of Unit, responsible for Innovation Policy, in the EU Commission’s DG Research and Innovation gave a keynote speech on ‘The power of innovation’ .
Over breakfast, Mr Dröll introduced the main objectives of ‘Innovation Union’. He explained the importance of innovation as a medium to long term investment and the crucial role that investments in research play during the crisis. He clarified the position of main public and private actors, the new proposals and the challenges Europe will have to face.
During the Q&A session, the discussion focused on:
- the incentives and financial instruments;
- the relevance for innovation of territorial and social cohesion;
- the gap in terms of innovation between Europe and third countries;
- the European Research Council;
- the conditions for non-EU companies to take part of Innovation Union
Friday, 27 January 2012