Over lunch, Jeremy Dixson and Tim Reynolds outlined the do’s and don’t’s’ in effective website building and the questions that you need to consider when you start or need to revise your website. In the second part of the seminar, Jeremy and Tim offered a thorough analysis of attendee’s websites and pointed out the good and not so good points.
During the event, the main points were highlighted:
- Think? Do you need a website?;
- Is your website sustainable? Updates? Maintenance? Budget?;
- Get the structure and content right for your website first;
- People don’t read, they scan a page, they do read headlines and summaries;
- Most importantly: TEST YOUR WEBSITE, not for links, but for content!
Topic of the discussion: Is your website doing the business?
Speaker: Jeremy Dixson, Director at DIGITAL iNK and Tim Reynolds, Director at Inta Communications
Wednesday, 26 October 2011